January 20, 2015 7:00 P.M. or as soon thereafter as possible
UMATILLA COUNCIL CHAMBERS
1 S. CENTRAL AVE, UMATILLA, FL 32784
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
***PLEASE SILENCE CELL PHONES
CALL TO ORDER
2) Doing the Wright Thing Presentation - GFWC Umatilla Woman's Club
3) CDBG Application - Representative from Fred Fox Enterprises
5) Chamber of Commerce/Downtown Merchants - Evening on the Avenue
Straughan - Owens Lane
At this point in the meeting, the Umatilla City Council will hear questions, comments and concerns from the public.
Please write your name and address on the paper provided on the podium. Action may not be taken by the Council at this meeting but questions may be answered by staff or issues may be referred for appropriate staff action. If further action is necessary, the item may be placed on the agenda for further review and consideration. NOTE: Zoning or code enforcement matters which may be coming before the Board at a later date should not be discussed until such time as they come before the Board in a public hearing.
Pursuant to F.S. 286.0114 and the City of Umatilla’s Public Participation Policy adopted by Resolution 2013-34, members of the public shall be given a reasonable opportunity to be heard on propositions before the City Council. Accordingly, comments, questions, and concerns regarding items listed on this agenda shall be received at the time the City Council addresses such items during this meeting.
Pursuant to Resolution 2013-34, public comments are generally limited to three minutes.
6) Resolution 2015 - 04 UHS BBQ Cook Off
7) Resolution 2015 - 05 City Wide Yard Sale
8) Bid Award - Umatilla Water Plant Project
9) BESH Contract Propoal - Orange Avenue Rehabilitation
11) Public Works Service Worker Position - approval to fill vacancy
12) Kent Resignation
13) Ethics Training
REPORTS TO COUNCIL
14) Public Works Report - Interim Director Richard Hatfield
15) Police Activity Report - Chief Adam Bolton
16) Fire Department Report - Chief Patrick Cranor
17) Code Enforcement Report - Code Officer John Riley
18) Library Report - Director Laurel Gainer
19) Interim City Manager Report - Carol Rogers
ENCLOSURES NOT REQUIRING ACTION
20) Drymon Letter
MEETINGS AND UPCOMING EVENTS
Indviduals with disabilities needing assistance to participate in any of these proceedings should contact the City Clerk at least two (2) working days in advance of the meeting date and time at (352) 669-3125.
F.S. 286.0105 If a person decides to appeal any decision or recommendation made by Council with respect to any matter considered at this meeting, he will need record of the proceedings, and that for such purposes he may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
Any invocation that may be offered before the official start of the Council meeting is and shall be the voluntary offering of a private citizen to and for the benefit of the Council pursuant to Resolution 2014-43. The views and beliefs expressed by the invocation speaker have not been previously reviewed or approved by the Council and do not necessarily represent their individual religious beliefs, nor are the views or beliefs expressed intended to suggest allegiance to or preference for any particular religion, denomination, faith, creed, or belief by the Council or the City. No person in attendance at this meeting is or shall be required to participate in any invocation and such decision whether or not to participate will have no impact on his or her right to actively participate in the public meeting.
The City of Umatilla is an equal opportunity provider and employer