Orange Avenue Progress Update as of March 14, 2016:
Scheduled Orange Avenue Project work:
- Paving has been completed.
- Striping will take place on Wednesday, March 16th.
- During Spring Break there will be work done on East Lake Street at the sudent/bus entrance to reconfigure the sidewalk and driveway.
- Regular school traffic patterns will resume after Spring Break
This project continues to be ahead of schedule.
The Orange Avenue Stormwater Project began on Monday, August 10, 2015 and is currently running three weeks ahead of schedule.
This construction portion of the project totals $1,609,587 and is funded through a combination of grants, a low interest loan through the State Revolving Fund program, and partnerships with Lake County and in-kind services provided by the Lake County School Board.
Original designs called for costly underground vaults to capture the stormwater. The city was able to secure a parcel along the route through a tax deed sale. Obtaining this land and using it for a retention pond saved approximately $250,000 in project costs. An agreement has been forged with the First Baptist Church of Umatilla to utilize their retention pond to accept some of the stormwater from this area.
Project amenities include:
- retention pond
- new stormwater conveyance system
- new water and sewer lines
- newly paved roadway with curb, gutter, and sidewalks
- new concrete driveway aprons for residents along project route.
The project is scheduled to be completed in mid-April.
There will be some inconvenience during this project and city appreciates your patience during the construction process.