The City of Umatilla, FL (population 3,600) is seeking an experienced individual to join the management team, led by the City Manager, as Chief of Police.
Qualifications are as follows:
- Must possess a minimum of a BSBA in Police Science, Business or Public Administration from a regionally accredited university,
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of sworn law enforcement experience with 5 years demonstrated successful and progressive supervisory skills,
- The preferred candidate shall possess strong abilities in strategic planning, organizational development and fully understand and embrace community oriented police theories,
- The successful candidate must be certified or certification eligible by the Florida Police Standards Board,
- Information about Umatilla, FL may be found by visiting our website: www.umatillafl.org
- Salary range: $55,000 - $65,000 depending on qualifications.
- Application Deadline: July 19, 2013. Candidates will be notified as to further interest.
Interested persons must submit a cover letter, resume listing 5 references, salary history and evidence of current certifications to:
Glenn A. Irby
P.O. Box 2286
Umatilla, FL 32784
Submissions must be by either U.S. Mail or email. All others shall be rejected. Phone calls will not be taken. If those interested have questions regarding this position, they are encouraged to send an email to the above address.
The City of Umatilla is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace