DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct and supervise the administration of all City Departments
- Attend all City Council meetings
- Assure that all laws, provisions of the City Charter, and acts of City Council are executed
- Submit annual budget to the City Council
- Report to City Council on operations of the city
- Perform duties as specified in the City Charter
- Negotiate and sign contracts as authorized by the City Council
- Manage and control the city utilities
- Manage and supervise public improvements, works, and undertakings of the city
- Enforce laws, ordinances, and resolutions
Scott Blankenship was appointed City Manager effective June 22, 2015.
Scott and wife Cathy built a house in the Umatilla area.
Scott was recently elected by his peers to serve as Chairman, District Board of Trustees at Lake Sumter State College. Five citizens from Lake County and four from Sumter County are appointed by the Governor for four-year terms to serve on the District Board. The all-volunteer Board sets the policies that govern the College and hires the College President. Scott has served on the Board since 2009.