The Police Force of the City of Umatilla shall consist of a Chief of Police and subordinate officers, policemen and employees as the City Council shall determine.
- Patrol a specified district by patrol vehicle (marked or unmarked).
- Give information to pedestrians and motorists
- Check for any law violations
- Write citations
- Directs traffic and escorts convoys
- Respond to radio calls and investigates complaints, disturbances, and collisions
- Watches for suspicious cars, curfew violators and wanted persons
- Make arrests for violations of laws and ordinances
- Serve warrants and subpoenas
- Transport prisoners and appear in court
- Investigate conditions hazardous to life or property
- Conduct initial investigations of crime and crime scenes and criminal investigation work.
- Collect and preserve evidence
- Write reports, read bulletins, reports, orders and implements indicated changes as appropriate.
- Testify in Court as required.