Umatilla, Nature's Hometown, is located in northern Lake County, Florida and offers many outdoor activities such as boating, fishing, camping and hiking. Nearby Alexander Springs features the southern end of the Florida Trail, an unpaved hiking trail 60 miles long. The population of Umatilla is 3,798.
The following candidates have qualified for the November 8, 2016 municipal election:
Council Seat #1 - Brian Butler and Dale Minich
Council Seat #2 - Laura Kelley Wright (unopposed)
Council Seat #3 - Eric Olson and John Schlachter, Sr.
Mayor - Mary Johnson (unopposed)
- Haunted Scout Hut - Boy Scout Troop 721 Haunted Hut and
hay ride continues at the Scout Hut located at the corner of Smith and Budd on Friday and Saturday, October 28th and 29th, and Monday, October 31st . Times of operation are from 7:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. Proceeds will be used for the Scout Hut rehabilitation.
- The Friends of the Umatilla Library are holding an Arts & Crafts Fair in the Library Parking lot on Saturday, October 29th from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. Contact the Library at (352)669-3284 for vendor registration. A book sale will also be held in the Library Program Room.
- SAFE Halloween on the Boulevard is scheduled for Monday, October 31, 2016 starting at 6:00 p.m., on Umatilla Boulevard. This event is coordinated by Ray Bryant of Central Florida Karate and PAL.
- The Umatilla Public Libarary will be sponsoring the "Haunted Caboose" from 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. on Monday, October 31, 2016, at the Library. This free event is geared toward elementary school aged children. Stop by for a little trick-or-treat at the Library before or after the Halloween on the Boulevard.
- Habitat for Humanity is holding an event to kick-off the Veteran's Village on Saturday, November 5th from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. There will be USO style swing band, food, and fun at 100 Turtle Run (Central Avenue across from Beyer's Funeeral Home).
- Election Day is November 8th. Voting will take place in the Umatilla Community Building at 1 S. Central Avenue from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.
- The Umatilla Woman's Club is holding a Chinese Auction on November 18th and 19th at their clubhouse on Lakeview Street. The drawings will begin at 5 p.m. on the 19th.
- The Cracker Christmas Parade and Dog Jog is an annual event that will be held on December 10, 2016. An Arts & Crafts festival in Cadwell Park follows the parade.
- A Youth Art Contest will be held in conjunction with the Cracker Christmas Festival at the Historical Museum at the corner of Trowell Avenue and Lone Star Street. The contest is sponsored by the Umatilla Woman's Club. Information will be distributed through local schools.
- The North Lake Boys & Girls Club are holding the Inaugural 5k Run for Great Futures on Saturday, January 21st beginning at Cadwell Park. Sign up begins at 6:45 a.m. with the race starting at 8 a.m.
- The Friends of the Library host a City-Wide Yard Sale each year on the first Saturday in March. The date for the upcoming event is March 4, 2017.
Contact the Umatilla Public Library at (352)669-3284 for more information or to have your yard sale listed on their map.
- The Umatilla Chamber of Commerce will be sponsoring the 14th Annual Chili Cook Off on March 4, 2017 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. The event will be staged on Harris Street. Contact the Chamber of Commerce at (352)669-3511 for information on signing up your chili team or setting up a booth.
Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.