Umatilla, Nature's Hometown, is located in northern Lake County, Florida and offers many outdoor activities such as boating, fishing, camping and hiking. Nearby Alexander Springs features the southern end of the Florida Trail, an unpaved hiking trail 60 miles long. The population of Umatilla is 3,908.
- The Cracker Christmas Parade and Dog Jog is an annual event that will be held on December 10, 2016. An Arts & Crafts festival in Cadwell Park follows the parade.
- A Youth Art Contest will be held in conjunction with the Cracker Christmas Festival at the Historical Museum at the corner of Trowell Avenue and Lone Star Street. The contest is sponsored by the Umatilla Woman's Club. Information will be distributed through local schools.
- All Aboard for the popular Polar Caboose Adventure! This is an exciting adventure for pre-k through 5th graders, a “trip” to the North Pole on the Polar Caboose followed by milk and cookies and family time. There is a choice of two trips, December 19th or 20th. The program is from 6:00-7:00PM. You’ll need to get your ticket for the trip, so call the library at 669-3284 or register online. Space is limited.
- The North Lake Boys & Girls Club are holding the Inaugural 5k Run for Great Futures on Saturday, January 21st beginning at Cadwell Park. Sign up begins at 6:45 a.m. with the race starting at 8 a.m.
- The Friends of the Library host a City-Wide Yard Sale each year on the first Saturday in March. The date for the upcoming event is March 4, 2017.
Contact the Umatilla Public Library at (352)669-3284 for more information or to have your yard sale listed on their map.
- The Umatilla Chamber of Commerce will be sponsoring the 14th Annual Chili Cook Off on March 4, 2017 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. The event will be staged on Harris Street. Contact the Chamber of Commerce at (352)669-3511 for information on signing up your chili team or setting up a booth.
Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.