WCA Waste Systems Inc. provides Recycling and Garbage service in the City of Umatilla. Recycyling and Garbage are both picked up on Tuesdays each week. Please place the carts curbside by 6:00am with the wheels toward your home and 4 feet from each other or any other obstacle such as mailboxes, vehicles, etc.
- Place newspaper, plastic, glass (colored and clear) and aluminum containers into the recycling bin furnished by the city and set out next to your garbage.
- Residents have been given a 96 gallon cart for garbage. All garbage will be collected in this cart. If you need an additional cart, please contact WCA at (352) 508-4741. There is an additional annual fee of $100 per year per cart.
Disposal of appliances, furniture or other large bulky items can be placed at the curb for collection.
Please call WCA at (352) 508-4741 to schedule pickup and allow up to 72 hours (excluding weekends and holidays) for removal.
E-Waste (Electronic Waste)
- Televisions, VCRs, computers, computer monitors, copiers, fax machines, microwaves, stereos, CD players
- Lake County has established a program for electronic waste and charges a fee for disposal. Contact the Lake County Household Hazardous Waste Department at (352) 343-3776 extension 238 for additional information.
Disposal of other items
- Tires, lawn mowers, gas powered engines, vehicle batteries (household batteries go with recycling), auto parts, heavy steel, live ammunition, propane tanks, building materials, and hazardous materials will not be picked up.
- Garbage customers are responsible for proper disposal of these types of materials. Contact the Lake County Household Hazardous Waste Department at (352) 343-3776 extension 238 for additional information.
For Information on How to Dispose of Other Items, please contact WCA at (352) 508-4741